Monday, November 13, 2006

Meanie-me

It’s this time of every vacation that I start contracting the blues severely and it feels terrible, there being just one and a half more days left for these holidays of mine to end, I woke up today morning feeling utterly miserable and no less than a hopeless wreck. It is these times when everything you have done during these few days that’s even distantly wrong comes back and thwacks you on the face like a boomerang!
This entire month I’ve kept getting mad at my mother now and again for having nagged me relentlessly about my ‘unhealthy and unhygienic’ existence, she always has a problem with what I wear, how I eat, what I do throughout the day, how I spend my money, how many times I repeat my clothes and practically everything else that constitutes my way of living. Being woken up early in the morning to go buy groceries is something I have always despised and that is precisely what I’ve been asked to do on numerous occasions this vacation and I HAVE SULKED!! I’ve brooded like a selfish old man. The groceries would’ve been for my own consumption during the day and for nobody else.
Although, thankfully I have never been rude to either of my parents, but it hurts to have even sulked, I feel like a criminal.
Mom’s day begins at unearthly hours in the morning, with cooking lunch for His Highness, that being myself, getting my clothes washed in the machine and making breakfast for me. Then she hurries to school. All that effort just to compensate for my having to be alone at home for a few hours till she returns from school, more so cause I am on vacation!! And should I sulk if a little favor is ever asked of me? Is, telling her how great my vacation has been because of all that she has done for me and how much I appreciate all the hard work she has put in every single day to make sure that I live like a king, enough? I think not.
And now that the day has come to an end and I see her in bed, fast asleep due to exhaustion from the day’s work, I feel so sorry for her, feel so ashamed for having been moody, for having been such a complete loser, for not having been able to convincingly put across to her that it has actually been for her that life has been such a cakewalk for the lethargic sloth that I am.
Tomorrow and day-after are my last days at home before I board that train back to Pune, I promise, for these two days I will not be moody and I’ll not brood.

No comments: