Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"The bottle has been vacated and needs to be refurbished" said my colleague Jeevan Ballav Panda as I asked him to hand me a bottle of water today morning;

".....with reference to our past experiences, we must ask Shambhu to restore supply of fresh water in our chamber hereinafter unconditionally, I am tired of having to pay him that additional remuneration (tip) every time he brings us bottles of water, it is totally unfair and frivolous, furthermore, I have reason to believe that he talks about us behind our backs!"

I was enlightened that like Jeevan, the madness was getting the better me too when I replied mechanically, "paying him Rs 5-10/- doesn't hurt and let him talk, unlike the others he doesn't have malafide intent!"

3 comments:

zephyr said...

hehehe =)

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

ha haa..lemme guess, ur a lawyer!

arpita said...

hahaha.. dats so very like him to say those words, specially in da Jeevan-ish way he talks!!